5/11/10

Balance while walking the razors edge

Finding the balance between being on my own and not alone.


Taking care of business while still taking care of significant relationships as I am myself in a healthy way.
Every day there is the challenge to stay afloat in joy.
It's not a miracle or random gift, I find, but a meticulous effort to do what I know is healthy and uplifting to me. What that might be, changes every minute and with every situation.


Today, it was staying in town, going to DMV for address change and car registration, smog check, brakes repair and writing all the blog posts for this months art exhibition at the gallery. Texting support to my absent, unavailable boyfriend and setting up a visit to a friend on bed rest. 


This instead of the camping trip I had looked forward to.


All this, while I am in between having a home and steady income....staying with friends who are patient, kind and a lot of fun to hang out with. Going to 12 step meetings, meeting new friends, who I can call upon when I need to stay afloat in joy. Thats how it works...giving and receiving...when those are in balance, life is good.


"....In more and more societies, though (including my country and probably yours), I'd argue that there's a different dividing line. This is the line between people who are actively engaged in new ideas, actively seeking out change, actively engaging--and people who accept what's given and slog along. It starts in school, of course, and then the difference accelerates as we get older. Some people make the effort to encounter new challenges or to grapple with things they disagree with. They seek out new people and new opportunities and relish the discomfort that comes from being challenged to grow (and challenging others to do the same)." Seth Godin


Today, I make the effort to stay afloat in joy.
Today, I thank heaven for the Divine Design operating in my life, taking care of the bigger picture, so that I can live in truth today. Taking the steps that lead me to - morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDES OF LIFE

Guess what?....

LUNAR CALENDAR