2/23/11

DELICIOUS MEDITATION UNRAVELS KNOTS

...in my body and mind...
Last night, exhausted after a full day of new life, instead of laying down to watch a movie on our tiny hand held dvd player, I decided to join Tom for a 20 minute meditation session. He was already sitting and the meditation energy spread it's stillness through the living room, where our central puja illuminates.
I have a new sitting set up, got an old yellow buckwheat filled pillow out of storage, which Dawn used as a teenager during yoga winter retreats in California. A splendid find as it turns out.

So, I sat down, slipped into the Om vibration of the mantra and slowly, like popcorn in a hot kettle, one area of my body after another popped open. Where there was tension, which goes unnoticed all day and perhaps even life, ease took place and pretty soon I felt light and exuberant. Ahhhh, the benefits of meditation.
always in meditation
My face cleared up radiating joy...wow, this clearly was the wing of grace joining the wing of self effort to let this baby bird fly.

What amazes me most, is the seeming casualness, with which such tremendous changes happen in meditation. Really, it has nothing to do with religion or any cultures we impose on the simple truth of life having a higher power actively at work...and as I make an effort to align my body mind and heart, it rushes to meet me half way.

I feel so supported and loved actually.

The night continued with closeness and very deep sleep in which I dreamed long scenes and story, history as it is, with my father. I woke up deeply affected and hope that in writing this down, the next steps of unraveling, will be equally as clear and liberating as was the meditation experience.

With a grateful heart, I thank my daughter and my partner, for being loving reminders of the presence
of true meditation masters in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDES OF LIFE

Guess what?....

LUNAR CALENDAR